We’re so glad you asked! Because cardboard is
- 100% recyclable
- Custom printable–and, we specialize in fabulous, vibrant printing!
- Strong (yes, really) and lightweight
- Unique and conversational
- It ships flat and cheap
Are Flatgoods actually strong?
Yes! For starters, the cardboard we use is no regular cardboard. We use a ½” thick honeycomb style cardboard that maximizes strength through a fine, hexagonal pattern. Plus, the way we design our furniture, we focus on weight distribution and maintaining structural integrity. We’ve stood four 160ish-pound guys on one chair together. No damage to be seen. True story.
Are Flatgoods sustainable?
At Flatgoods, we care deeply about the environment. Cardboard is great because, when used the right way, it can be just a strong as wood. Plus, it uses far less “tree” than actual solid wood. And, because they’re so lightweight, they reduce shipping costs and fuel used in shipping. And, of course, it’s recyclable.
How long do Flatgoods last?
Flatgoods can last as long as you want, if used appropriately. We estimate that your Flatgoods will last 1-3 years, depending on use. When it’s time to move, you don’t have to feel bad about moving on. It’s all 100% recyclable! Use them with love, and they’ll love you back.
How do Flatgoods assemble?
Not-so-handy people, rejoice! With Flatgoods, no fasteners are required. It’s a series of folds and tabs that fit tightly together. Assembly instructions will be included with your order (if you lose your instructions, look here). A few words of advice:
1. Use two hands and apply gentle, even pressure
2. Be patient; forcing is never good.
3. Be sure that joints and tabs are pushed all the way together. This ensures a snug and sturdy fit.
How can I make my Flatgoods last longer?
- Keep ‘em dry. If you spill on your Flatgoods, wipe it up quickly and let it dry before use.
- Feel free to assemble and disassemble your Flatgoods as often as you like, but remember: they’re cardboard.
- Treat your Flatgoods with care, use them for intended purpose, and you’ll be amazed how long they will last.
Simple as that!
Simple as that!
To read about how Flatgoods began, see our blog post here!
Interested in something custom? Call us at 616-726-7000 and we can talk it over.